- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Colors Infinity to launch on-demand initiative on 11 Jun
MUMBAI: Starting 11 June, English GEC Colors Infinity is launching a new initiative called ‘Infinity-on-Demand’ to offer audiences a chance to handpick 12 seasons of Indian TV premieres of international shows for binge-watching over weekends.
The channel has selected 14 new shows from diverse genres. Each series has been handpicked for its global popularity, including highly-acclaimed titles such as ‘Mozart in the Jungle’, ‘Bates Motel’, ‘Lucifer’, ‘Legends’, ‘Peaky Blinders’, to name a few.
According to the channel, the initiative will give viewers complete control of the shows premiering every weekend for 12 weeks.
The choices will be made available on all digital platforms of Colors Infinity where audience can simply log on to the channel’s website and click on their choice. Viewers will receive a weekly option to select from a choice of three shows on the link colorsinfinity.com/iod.
The winning show of the week will be announced every Wednesday on the channel as well as across its social media platforms.
Viacom18 VP and programming head of English entertainment Hashim D’Souza said, “With ‘Infinity-On-Demand’, we’re taking our relationship with our viewers a step forward, giving them the right to call the shots. The shows on the list of voting have been carefully handpicked by the best to fit our programming.”
The channel had earlier launched initiatives such as triple bill shows, ‘Instant Premieres’ and India’s first homegrown English singing talent hunt ‘The Stage’.
Come June, Colors Infinity will transform its digital media pages into more interactive fun spaces, giving the audience the chance to sample the shows before voting. The shows with maximum votes will ultimately air on Colors Infinity and Colors Infinity HD, back to back, over the weekend.