- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Colors Infinity introduces ‘live binge’ with ‘Mad Dogs’
MUMBAI: After launching ‘Instant Premieres’, English GEC Colors Infinity is now set to introduce what it calls a ‘live binge’ with ‘Mad Dogs’ on 23 January.
The broadcaster said that this marks the first-ever live binge on television. The channel will be premiering 10 back-to-back premiere episodes of ‘Mad Dogs’ the same time as Amazon Prime premieres the episodes in the US. The new concept of live binge helps bring international content to India on real-time basis, eliminating the need for illegally downloading the series from the internet.
“Since the inception of Colors Infinity, we have innovated with the disruption of the English entertainment space on television through unique content and programming. With the introduction of live binging through ‘Mad Dogs’ in India, we move several steps closer to align our premieres with real-time international airing on television. We are excited to air the first-ever television live binge in the country,” said Viacom18 EVP and head of English and youth entertainment VP Ferzad Palia.
Written and created by Cris Cole, the thriller drama series ‘Mad Dogs’ stars Michael Imperioli, Billy Zane, Steve Zahn and Romany Malco, as well as Ben Chaplin. Originally a British TV series, later adapted for US television, the series revolves around four middle-aged friends organising a get-together away from the city to celebrate the retirement of one of them. After one of them gets murdered, the story eventually graduates into a black comedy narration entwined with crime, conspiracy and spine-chilling shockers that constantly keep viewers at the edge.