- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Colors continues to lead; Star Plus comes 2nd in Week 2
MUMBAI: Colors maintained its lead in the Hindi GEC genre even as Star Plus overtook Zee Anmol to claim the second spot in the Hindi GEC hierarchy in the week ended 15 January.
As per BARC TV viewership data, apart from Colors, the three Star India channels—Star Plus, Star Utsav and Life OK—witnessed gain in viewership, whereas all other channels—Zee Anmol, Zee TV, Rishtey, Sony Pal, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) and SAB—recorded a drop.
SAB dropped below sister channel SET during the week.
Top 5 shows
Colors’ ‘Naagin’ remained the most-watched show of the week, while ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ also found its way in the list.
Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ was the second most-watched show, while Star Plus’ ‘Saath Nibhana Saathiya’ and ‘Ye Hai Mohabbatein’ also found place in the list of the top five shows.
Hindi movie genre
There was no change in the top order of the Hindi movie genre despite MAX recording a minor drop in viewership and both Star Gold and Zee Cinema adding eyeballs.
Movies OK and &Pictures stayed put at the fourth and fifth place respectively.
Top 5 films
Zee Cinema and MAX had two films each on the list, while Star Gold had one among the week’s top five most-watched movies.