- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Colors continues to lead; Star Plus comes 2nd in Week 2
MUMBAI: Colors maintained its lead in the Hindi GEC genre even as Star Plus overtook Zee Anmol to claim the second spot in the Hindi GEC hierarchy in the week ended 15 January.
As per BARC TV viewership data, apart from Colors, the three Star India channels—Star Plus, Star Utsav and Life OK—witnessed gain in viewership, whereas all other channels—Zee Anmol, Zee TV, Rishtey, Sony Pal, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) and SAB—recorded a drop.
SAB dropped below sister channel SET during the week.
Top 5 shows
Colors’ ‘Naagin’ remained the most-watched show of the week, while ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ also found its way in the list.
Zee TV’s ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ was the second most-watched show, while Star Plus’ ‘Saath Nibhana Saathiya’ and ‘Ye Hai Mohabbatein’ also found place in the list of the top five shows.
Hindi movie genre
There was no change in the top order of the Hindi movie genre despite MAX recording a minor drop in viewership and both Star Gold and Zee Cinema adding eyeballs.
Movies OK and &Pictures stayed put at the fourth and fifth place respectively.
Top 5 films
Zee Cinema and MAX had two films each on the list, while Star Gold had one among the week’s top five most-watched movies.