- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Colors continues to be No. 2 Hindi GEC for 2nd week in a row
MUMBAI: Colors continued to be the No. 2 Hindi GEC for the second week in a row, according to BARC data for Week 38.
The Hindi GEC pecking order in urban + rural India did not see much change. While Star Plus stayed at the top, Zee TV was at No. 3.
Life OK and Sony Entertainment Television (SET) swapped the sixth and seventh positions while Rishtey and SAB TV swapped the ninth and 10th spots.
Top shows in Urban+Rural HSM
‘Kumkum Bhagya’ returned to the list of the most-viewed programmes as ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ exited the top 5.
Top Hindi GECs in Urban HSM
The urban Hindi-speaking markets (HSM) also saw no major change in the pecking order, except for the swapping of positions between Life OK and SAB TV and between Sony Pal and Star Utsav.
Star Plus remained as the No. 1 Hindi GEC in urban HSM, followed by Colors and then Zee TV.
Top shows in Urban HSM
‘Brahmarakshas’ was ranked the top show of the week, while ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ entered the top 5. ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ was nowhere in the top 5.
Top Hindi GECs in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, Zee TV took over the fifth position from Star Plus, which shifted to the sixth position.
The hierarchy, otherwise, remained unchanged from last week. Zee Anmol was at the top, followed by Star Utsav and then Sony Pal.
Top shows in Rural HSM
‘Naagin’ on Rishtey was the most-watched show. ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ and ‘Baal Veer’ entered the top 5 while three shows exited the list.
Top Hindi movie channels
In the Hindi movie genre, Zee Cinema snatched back the second position from Sony Wah. Star Utsav Movies replaced Zee Anmol Cinema at the fifth position.
Sony Max retained its No. 1 position, according to BARC data.
Top 5 movies
Sony Max had three movies among the week’s five most-watched films while Zee Cinema and Star Gold had one each.
‘Sardaar Gabbar Singh’ on Zee Cinema was the top-rated movie of the week.
Aamir Khan’s ‘PK’ continued to perform strongly in its repeat telecasts. The movie Sony Max was the second-rated movie of the week.