- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Colors Bangla to launch adaptation of ‘Udaan’ on 13 Feb
MUMBAI: Hindi general entertainment channel Colors is taking one of its prime properties regional. Saluting the grit and strength of women, Colors Bangla has adapted Mahesh Bhatt’s drama ‘Udaan’ which airs on Colors.
Titled ‘Resham Jhanpi’, the new adaptation is set to air on Colors Bangla from 13 February onwards, every Monday to Saturday, at 8.30 pm.
‘Resham Jhanpi’ will tell the story of Titli, a free-spirited kid whose existence is pawned by her helpless and poverty-stricken desperate family, when she was still in her mother’s womb, as collateral for a loan.
Commenting on the show, Colors Bangla & Colors Odia VP Suvonkar Banerjee said, “The story of ‘Resham Jhanpi’ has all the ingredients to make for a heart-warming story centring around the sentiment of freedom. Through Titli, our young protagonist, we are showcasing a world which many of our viewers will be able to identify with. The show highlights the strength and vigour women possess to change their fate. We hope that the audiences will join Titli on her journey from innocence, realization, hope, freedom and achievement.”
The show will feature Smriti Singh in the lead role of Titli along with Anushua Mukherjee (mother Padma), Rajesh Chatterjee (father Bhubon), Anushka (sister Bulbuli), Sandip Dey (MP Dayal Chand Thakur), June Maliah (Maa Thakurun Rajeshwari) and Runa Banerjee (Boro Maa).
Producer of the show Shibaji Panja stated, “A show like ‘Resham Jhanpi’ is an awakening to the harsh reality that’s prevalent even today in the remote villages of India. Titli’s journey of her struggles in life, her tryst with fate and her victory over the most difficult circumstances will inspire everyone. I’m sure that ‘Resham Jhanpi’ will be a grand success and will be able to win millions of Bengali hearts.”
‘Udaan’, which airs on Colors, is one of the channel’s top shows and has featured in BARC’s list of top GEC programmes several times.