- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Colors and Rishtey to live telecast 66th Republic Day celebrations
MUMBAI: Viacom18’s Hindi general entertainment channels Colors and Rishtey (free-to-air) will telecast the 66th Republic Day celebrations live for its Indian and international audiences.
The parade and the Prime Minister’s address to the nation will reach out to viewers not just in India, but also in Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, US (on Aapka Colors) and UK, reaching over 950 million viewers globally.
Colors CEO Raj Nayak said, “Colors believes in providing exceptional content that is relevant to our viewers. The iconic Republic Day parade and the Prime Minister’s message to the nation is content that drives cohesive viewing in families. Being able to bring to our audience the much-awaited parade and message from our PM Narendra Modi live is a privilege and a source of pride for the team at Colors and Rishtey.”
“This is our way to celebrate our 66th Republic Day, by bringing it closer to our audiences, in India and the world. Telecasting this event in markets other than India—and to the US, MENA and UK is also a milestone for the network as a whole.”
This is the first time Colors and Rishtey will simulcast the Republic Day celebrations alongside the national television channel Doordarshan.