- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Colors and Rishtey to live telecast 66th Republic Day celebrations
MUMBAI: Viacom18’s Hindi general entertainment channels Colors and Rishtey (free-to-air) will telecast the 66th Republic Day celebrations live for its Indian and international audiences.
The parade and the Prime Minister’s address to the nation will reach out to viewers not just in India, but also in Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, US (on Aapka Colors) and UK, reaching over 950 million viewers globally.
Colors CEO Raj Nayak said, “Colors believes in providing exceptional content that is relevant to our viewers. The iconic Republic Day parade and the Prime Minister’s message to the nation is content that drives cohesive viewing in families. Being able to bring to our audience the much-awaited parade and message from our PM Narendra Modi live is a privilege and a source of pride for the team at Colors and Rishtey.”
“This is our way to celebrate our 66th Republic Day, by bringing it closer to our audiences, in India and the world. Telecasting this event in markets other than India—and to the US, MENA and UK is also a milestone for the network as a whole.”
This is the first time Colors and Rishtey will simulcast the Republic Day celebrations alongside the national television channel Doordarshan.