- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
CNN-News18 to air series on India’s past Olympic winners and medal hopefuls
MUMBAI: CNN-News18 will air a special series called ‘India’s Champions’, which will relive India’s past victories at the Olympics.
The series will be telecast from June 18 every Saturday at 11 pm as well as Sunday at 10 am and 11 pm.
From India’s first individual Olympic Gold medallist Abhinav Bindra and two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar to the eight gold medals won by the Indian hockey team, CNN-News18 will air success stories of Indian athletes from the past Olympics.
The channel will also showcase heart-warming narratives of Olympic debutants like trap shooter Kynan Chenai and wrestler Vinesh Phogat.
The special series will also highlight other heroes of Indian sports like former hockey player Mohammed Shahid and legends like Manavjit Singh Sandhu who will be a part of the Indian squad for Rio Olympics and will be shooting for a podium finish at the Games.
The six-part series called ‘India’s Champions’ will narrate India’s Olympic journey and the road ahead to Rio with a special focus on all disciplines where India has a more than fair chance of winning medals.