- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
CNN-News18 to air series on India’s past Olympic winners and medal hopefuls
MUMBAI: CNN-News18 will air a special series called ‘India’s Champions’, which will relive India’s past victories at the Olympics.
The series will be telecast from June 18 every Saturday at 11 pm as well as Sunday at 10 am and 11 pm.
From India’s first individual Olympic Gold medallist Abhinav Bindra and two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar to the eight gold medals won by the Indian hockey team, CNN-News18 will air success stories of Indian athletes from the past Olympics.
The channel will also showcase heart-warming narratives of Olympic debutants like trap shooter Kynan Chenai and wrestler Vinesh Phogat.
The special series will also highlight other heroes of Indian sports like former hockey player Mohammed Shahid and legends like Manavjit Singh Sandhu who will be a part of the Indian squad for Rio Olympics and will be shooting for a podium finish at the Games.
The six-part series called ‘India’s Champions’ will narrate India’s Olympic journey and the road ahead to Rio with a special focus on all disciplines where India has a more than fair chance of winning medals.