- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
CNN-News18 overtakes India Today TV at No. 2
MUMBAI: CNN-News18 moved up to the second position in Week 9 of BARC ratings under the new universe. BARC had reported ratings for Week 8 as per the updated universe based on the Broadcast India survey.
India Today Television fell to the third position, according to BARC data for the week ended 3 March.
Times Now, NDTV 24×7 and BBC World News did not see any change in their rankings.
Top 5 Hindi news channels in Urban+Rural HSM
India News replaced News Nation at the fifth position in Hindi news urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM).
Other rankings remained unchanged, with Aaj Tak ahead of the pack.
Top 5 Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
News18 India entered the top 5, replacing News Nation at No. 5 in urban HSM.
Aaj Tak, India TV and Zee News continued to be the top three Hindi news channels in urban HSM.
Top 5 Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
ABP News surged ahead of India TV to grab the second spot in rural HSM.
There was no other change in the pecking order.
Top English business news channels
BTVi was overtaken by CNBC TV18 Prime HD in the English business news genre.
CNBC TV18 and ET Now continued to be the top two channels in the genre.
Top Hindi business news channels
There was no change in the pecking order of the Hindi business news channels.