- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
CNN-News18 lines up special programming for Budget 2017
MUMBAI: English news channel CNN-News18 has lined-up an array of special programmes to decode and analyse the upcoming union budget.
The programming will run under the branding #BudgetAfterDeMo and will include several special shows and segments:
The specials on the channel will be as follows:
- ‘Budget Yatra’: A series where CNN-News18’s top anchors Karma Paljor and Kajori Sen will travel across the country to measure the impact of demonetisation on real estate and agricultural sectors, starting 14 January, every Saturday at 8:30 pm & Sunday at 10 pm.
- ‘Budget on Campus’: A series where the channel will visit the country’s best business institutes where the finest young minds will discuss their budget wish-list. From 21–29 January, every Saturday & Sunday at 10:30 pm.
- ‘Axe The Tax’: CNN News18’s flagship show that captures changes that people want to see in the country’s taxation rules. This wish list is handed over to the Finance Minister. The show will telecast on Saturday, 28 January at 7:30 pm.
- ‘If I were FM’: A special segment wherein people speak about the things that they would have done, had they been the Finance Minister, starting 16 January.
- ‘The GST Roundtable’: This show will have tax experts explaining how GST will change common man’s life, and its long- and short-term impact on economy.
- ‘Budget and Politics’: Special episode of Roundtable discussions with politicians—pre and post the budget.
- ‘Economic Survey’: CNN-News18 live coverage and discussions when the Economic Survey is presented.