- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
CNN-News18 lines up special programming for Budget 2017
MUMBAI: English news channel CNN-News18 has lined-up an array of special programmes to decode and analyse the upcoming union budget.
The programming will run under the branding #BudgetAfterDeMo and will include several special shows and segments:
The specials on the channel will be as follows:
- ‘Budget Yatra’: A series where CNN-News18’s top anchors Karma Paljor and Kajori Sen will travel across the country to measure the impact of demonetisation on real estate and agricultural sectors, starting 14 January, every Saturday at 8:30 pm & Sunday at 10 pm.
- ‘Budget on Campus’: A series where the channel will visit the country’s best business institutes where the finest young minds will discuss their budget wish-list. From 21–29 January, every Saturday & Sunday at 10:30 pm.
- ‘Axe The Tax’: CNN News18’s flagship show that captures changes that people want to see in the country’s taxation rules. This wish list is handed over to the Finance Minister. The show will telecast on Saturday, 28 January at 7:30 pm.
- ‘If I were FM’: A special segment wherein people speak about the things that they would have done, had they been the Finance Minister, starting 16 January.
- ‘The GST Roundtable’: This show will have tax experts explaining how GST will change common man’s life, and its long- and short-term impact on economy.
- ‘Budget and Politics’: Special episode of Roundtable discussions with politicians—pre and post the budget.
- ‘Economic Survey’: CNN-News18 live coverage and discussions when the Economic Survey is presented.