- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
CNN-News18 lines up special on demonetisation on 30 Dec
MUMBAI: CNN-News18 will be doing special day-long programming in the form of a telethon on 30 December as the 50-day deadline for demonetisation comes to an end.
The programming will analyse the current scenario and try to get all sides of the DeMo story as it currently stands. The programming would entail ground reports from various parts of the country along with interactions with Union Cabinet Ministers such as ArunJaitley, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Nirmala Sitharaman, Venkaiah Naidu, Piyush Goyal, as well as leaders of opposition parties like Kapil Sibal, Anand Sharma, Shashi Tharoor, Nitish Kumar, to name a few.
The channel will also try to speak to well-known commentators on political and economic affairs like S Gurumurthy, Surjit Bhalla, Rajiv Kumar, Anil Bokil and prominent entrepreneurs like Vijay Shekhar Sharma of Paytm and representatives of other mobile wallet companies. The channel will leverage its exclusive partnership with CNN to bring in a global perspective on the issue.
The telethon will be led by senior journalist Bhupendra Chaubey. This special telecast aims to provide an overall perspective on the demonetisation exercise and will also provide a unique platform for the common man to raise their concerns and voice their opinions.