- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
CNN-News18 lines up special on demonetisation on 30 Dec
MUMBAI: CNN-News18 will be doing special day-long programming in the form of a telethon on 30 December as the 50-day deadline for demonetisation comes to an end.
The programming will analyse the current scenario and try to get all sides of the DeMo story as it currently stands. The programming would entail ground reports from various parts of the country along with interactions with Union Cabinet Ministers such as ArunJaitley, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Nirmala Sitharaman, Venkaiah Naidu, Piyush Goyal, as well as leaders of opposition parties like Kapil Sibal, Anand Sharma, Shashi Tharoor, Nitish Kumar, to name a few.
The channel will also try to speak to well-known commentators on political and economic affairs like S Gurumurthy, Surjit Bhalla, Rajiv Kumar, Anil Bokil and prominent entrepreneurs like Vijay Shekhar Sharma of Paytm and representatives of other mobile wallet companies. The channel will leverage its exclusive partnership with CNN to bring in a global perspective on the issue.
The telethon will be led by senior journalist Bhupendra Chaubey. This special telecast aims to provide an overall perspective on the demonetisation exercise and will also provide a unique platform for the common man to raise their concerns and voice their opinions.