- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
CNN-News18 launches new show ‘Epicentre @ 7’
MUMBAI: After revamping its prime-time line-up recently, English news channel CNN-News18 is launching a new show in the 7 pm slot.
The show titled ‘Epicentre @ 7’ will be co-hosted by senior editor Shreya Dhoundial and deputy political editor Marya Shakil. The show will go between the fault lines and beyond the headlines to cut through the big story of the day.
‘Epicentre @ 7’ will concentrate heavily on the biggest news of the day, articulating the alternative idea that generally gets lost in the heat and noise of daily debates. It will talk to young and fresh voices across the social and political spectrum who are fearless and disregard political correctness, to get their opinion.
The show will not just include Delhi-centric news but will also put the spotlight on the North East and South India curating headlines, stories and opinions to bring out the big picture.
‘Trending Truth’, a special segment towards the end of the show, will showcase trending videos or messages of the day with an aim to distinguish facts from fiction.
With an aim to provide differentiated content to viewers, CNN-News18 recently initiated a revamp of its prime time with the launch of new shows ‘Face-Off at 9’ at 9 pm and ‘Viewpoint’ at 10 pm. It unveiled two more shows ‘India 360’ at 8 pm and ‘The Crux’ at 8.30 pm.