- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
CNN News18 climbs to No. 2 position in Week 30
MUMBAI: CNN News18 jumped to the second position in the English news genre, according to the viewership data shared by BARC India for Week 30.
India Today Television fell to the third position just ahead of NDTV 24×7, which remained at the same position for the second week in a row.
NewsX made way for BBC World News at the fifth spot. For Times Now, it was business as usual at the top. The channel also increased its weekly impressions in thousands.
Hindi news channels
There was no change in the pecking order in the Hindi news genre. Even as Aaj Tak and India TV saw growth in impressions, the other three channels witnessed a drop.
English business news channels
The English business news genre also remained unchanged. The highlight of the week was the spurt in ET Now’s weekly impressions. Bloomberg TV India saw more than 50% decline in weekly impressions.
Hindi business news channels
There was no change in the order of the Hindi business news channels.