- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
CNN-News18 beefs prime-time with two new shows
MUMBAI: After revamping its prime-time slot with the launch of ‘Face-Off At 9 @ 9 PM’ and ‘Viewpoint @ 10 PM’, English news channel CNN-News18 has further beefed up its prime time with the launch of two new shows, ‘India 360’ and ‘The Crux’, at 8 pm and 8.30 pm respectively.
Hosted by Arunoday Mukharji, ‘India 360’ will be a one-stop destination for the day’s top news stories. The 30-minute news bulletin will provide the viewer with non-stop news from India and around the world.
Statistically rich and based on facts, the show will keep viewers updated with all the latest news from the field of business, politics, sports, crime and entertainment. With an aim to focus on stories that have not been covered through the day, ‘India 360’ will present news in a fast-paced, crisp and concise manner.
‘The Crux’, anchored by award-winning journalist Anubha Bhonsle, will deep dive into a top story of the day through modern storytelling. With the help of high-quality reportage, the show will have quick reactions from the guests on the story, sidestepping long and noisy discussions. The platform-agnostic show will combine the strengths of both television news and social media, and will build on the channel’s commitment of immersive journalism.
Commenting on this, CNN-News18 managing editor Radhakrishnan Nair said, “I am very excited about all the changes that we are doing to our prime-time programming. Our objective is to be the one-stop destination for views, discussions, credible opinions, day’s highlights or in-depth coverage. We are confident that with this programming line-up we would be able to achieve this objective.”