- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
CNN Indonesia is CNN’s first localised brand of news in Southeast Asia
MUMBAI: Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific has entered into a strategic partnership with PT Trans Media Corpora to launch CNN Indonesia with an accompanying website in Bahasa.
The news channel will be the first of its kind for CNN in Southeast Asia, delivering a localised version of CNN’s brand of news to the region’s most populous nation.
In addition to engaging local journalists to generate compelling coverage, the channel will also tap into CNN International’s vast pool of journalistic talent and share content from global affiliate partnerships. Trans Media will operate CNN Indonesia from its facilities in Jakarta. The launch date will be announced at a later date.
CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker said, “This agreement with one of the country’s largest media corporations puts CNN in a unique position to reach millions of Indonesians in a way that we have not been able to previously. The combination of the strength of the worldwide newsgathering power of CNN with the local perspective and sensibility that Trans Media will bring to the partnership enables us to provide important news and information to this enormous, non-English speaking audience.”
The TV channel will be accompanied by a strong digital presence, including CNNIndonesia.com. With more than 100 million Indonesians expected to be online by 2016, a multi-platform brand is stated to be a vital component to the on-air offering.
Trans Media’s parent company, CT Corp founder and chairman Chairul Tanjung said, “I believe this partnership will help Indonesians to better understand the world and even more importantly, also help the world to better understand Indonesia. This is a partnership of two like-minded organisations who share common values of quality, integrity and transparency. CNN Indonesia will be the new destination for trustworthy and engaging content.”