- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
CNN-IBN and IBN7 line up exit poll on Bihar elections
MUMBAI: As the last phase of polling in the Bihar elections gets over today, news channels CNN-IBN and IBN7 have lined up an exit poll with over 24,000 respondents across 243 constituencies.
The special programming is being telecast from 5 to 10 pm on 5 November and is hosted by Bhupendra Chaubey on CNN-IBN and Sumit Awasthi on IBN7 along with a panel of experts including Patrick French, Mani Shankar Aiyar, Sanjay Singh, Nistula Hebbar, Prof. Badri Narayan Tiwari, Prof. Sandeep Shastri, Prof. Rakesh Sinha and Swapan Dasgupta.
Meanwhile, IBN7 has lined up marathon coverage on the elections with 100 hours of non-stop programming from 5 to 9 November.
The channel’s editorial team will bring a detailed overview of all 243 constituencies in Bihar. These elections have been particularly high decibel with all major political figures in the country pitted against each other.
Viewers will also be able to access analysis and detailed reports on the state elections from the last day of polling until the counting day. The programming line-up will comprise an array of exclusive interviews, panel discussions, polling and counting-day coverage.
The CNN-IBN has also lined up an exit poll comprising 24,576 individuals across all 38 districts in the state on 5 November, from 5 pm onwards. Commencing on 8 November at 6 am, the counting-day coverage will track the results and the subsequent developing political scenario closely through the day.