- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
CNN IBN and IBN7 engage with audiences through Twitter’s Periscope
MUMBAI: As a first on news television in India, news channels CNN IBN and IBN7 have associated with Twitter India to empower viewers to watch and engage real time.
Viewers of the news channels can now engage real-time with anchors and journalists through Twitter’s live-streaming app Periscope.
To make news delivery collaborative through real-time video content on Periscope, anchors and journalists of the news channels have integrated the live-streaming app into their daily news reporting, interacting with its viewers live.
The campaign aims to churn out interactive content, enhancing audience engagement and empowering viewers to watch and engage live news video through the app.
On Periscope, viewers can watch and interact with CNN-IBN and IBN7 journalists by sending messages, and expressing their appreciation by tapping the screen to send ‘hearts’, a feature in the Periscope app.
Some of the live scopes by the news channels include the streaming of Karma Paljor’s Periscope on Indonesian Air Crash, Steve Herman’s eyewitness Periscope on Bangkok blast, Battle for Bihar, the recent census row, the current topic of Hardik Patel and his Andolan.
IBN Network CEO and A+E Networks|TV18 president Avinash Kaul said, “CNN-IBN and IBN7 believe in inclusive journalism and in extending its points of engagement with the viewers beyond television. Getting our anchors and journalists to interact through Periscope is another such endeavour. Going forward, we will increasingly engage with our viewers for real time feedback.”
Twitter India head of TV partnerships Viral Jani said, “Use of Periscope brings tremendous opportunity for TV broadcasters to build loyalty and engagement with their viewers. Through Periscope, TV anchors and channels can broadcast great live video content complimentary to the on-air broadcast, creating a delightful viewing experience for their audiences.”