- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
CNBC TV18 sees mammoth growth in Week 5 due to Budget 2017
MUMBAI: The coverage of Budget 2017 pushed CNBC TV18’s viewership up by 357% to 1.26 million impressions in Week 5.
In contrast, its nearest rival jumped 14.28% 0.24 million compared to 0.21 million in the previous week.
NDTV Profit/Prime’s weekly impression shot up by 44.64% to 0.08 million. BTVi was the only channel to see a dip of 4.54% to 0.021 million. Even CNBV TV18 Prime HD’s viewership doubled to 8,000 impressions.
Hindi business news channels
Hindi business news channel CNBC Awaaz saw its viewership increase 38.68% to 1.58 million from 1.14 million.
Zee Business’ weekly impressions increased 27.23% to 1.16 million.
English news channels
English news channels barring CNN News18 and BBC World saw a drop in weekly impressions. The pecking order remained unchanged.
Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
India TV overtook Aaj Tak to become the numero uno Hindi news channel in urban HSM. Aaj Tak dropped to No. 2.
Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, India News shot to the second spot. News24 entered top 5 even as ABP News was out of it.
Hindi news channels in Urban+Rural HSM
There was no change in the pecking order in urban + rural HSM.