- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- 74 injured as train derails in Auraiya
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
CNBC TV18 sees mammoth growth in Week 5 due to Budget 2017
MUMBAI: The coverage of Budget 2017 pushed CNBC TV18’s viewership up by 357% to 1.26 million impressions in Week 5.
In contrast, its nearest rival jumped 14.28% 0.24 million compared to 0.21 million in the previous week.
NDTV Profit/Prime’s weekly impression shot up by 44.64% to 0.08 million. BTVi was the only channel to see a dip of 4.54% to 0.021 million. Even CNBV TV18 Prime HD’s viewership doubled to 8,000 impressions.
Hindi business news channels
Hindi business news channel CNBC Awaaz saw its viewership increase 38.68% to 1.58 million from 1.14 million.
Zee Business’ weekly impressions increased 27.23% to 1.16 million.
English news channels
English news channels barring CNN News18 and BBC World saw a drop in weekly impressions. The pecking order remained unchanged.
Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
India TV overtook Aaj Tak to become the numero uno Hindi news channel in urban HSM. Aaj Tak dropped to No. 2.
Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, India News shot to the second spot. News24 entered top 5 even as ABP News was out of it.
Hindi news channels in Urban+Rural HSM
There was no change in the pecking order in urban + rural HSM.