- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
CNBC TV18 falls to No. 3 in Week 51
MUMBAI: TV18’s English business news channel CNBC TV18 slipped to No. 3 in the hierarchy, according to BARC ratings for Week 51. The channel was replaced by NDTV Profit/Prime at the second spot. This was the first time the channel did not feature in the top two ever since BARC started rolling out data.
ET Now held on to the top slot, while Bloomberg TV India was at No. 4. Except for NDTV Profit/Prime, all the three channels shed ratings.
There was no particular change in the hierarchy of the English general news channels. The only exception was BBC World News, which took the fifth position pushing NewsX out of the top-five league. All the English news channels, except CNN-IBN, saw growth in ratings, with Times Now leading the pack.
It was status quo in the Hindi general news genre with all the five channels maintaining their respective positions. Except Aaj Tak and ABP News, the remaining three channels saw a drop in ratings.
Hindi business news
Zee Business pipped CNBC Awaaz to take the top spot in the Hindi business news genre.