- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
CN launches programming block to celebrate 20 years in India
MUMBAI: Kids TV channel Cartoon Network has launched a month-long programming line-up on 4 May to commemorate its 20th anniversary in India. The line-up will run from Monday to Friday at 11 am.
The ‘Happy Birthday Cartoon Network’ block includes current favourites such as ‘Horrid Henry’ and ‘Oggy & the Cockroaches’ as well as reinvigorated versions of classic series such as ‘The Flintstones’, ‘The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy’, and ‘Courage the Cowardly Dog’.
The channel will launch new content from its local Indian portfolio such as ‘Roll No 21’ and movies such as ‘Mighty Raju: Superhero School’, ‘Sonic Boom Dhamaal Aur Dhoom’, ‘Sholay Adventures’, etc.
Cartoon Network Originals’ global hit franchises ‘Steven Universe’ and ‘The Amazing World of Gumball’ are back with new episodes. Besides, the channel will launch two brand new original series, namely ‘Uncle Grandpa’ (in May) and ‘Clarence’ (in June).
Turner International India MD South Asia Siddharth Jain said, “Since its inception in 1995, Cartoon Network has been the leading channel in the genre thanks to the adulation and loyalty of our fans across generations. We look forward to the future with innovative and engaging content forming our cornerstone to success.”
The channel is also giving one lucky child and his/her family a chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to the recently launched Cartoon Network Amazone waterpark in Thailand. All kids have to do is watch the Happy Birthday Cartoon Network block at 11 am throughout May and answer some questions. Other exciting prizes such as tablets and PSPs will also be up for grabs.