- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
‘Chhota Bheem’ producer Green Gold Animation plans to expand with new merchandise line
MUMBAI: Following the popularity of ‘Chhota Bheem’ and ‘Super Bheem’ on television, Green Gold Animation has introduced new merchandise products and has further expansion plans for the coming festive season.
Green Gold’s first Hyderabad-based manufacturing unit, Benny N Bunny Toys India, caters to the growing market demands for plush merchandise. The manufacturing unit has a state-of-the-art facility to churn out carefully crafted toys and other merchandise from Green Gold’s widely loved characters. The unit now serves as a production facility to many other relevant players in the market, making it an independent SBU within Green Gold’s business interests.
With the scaled up production facility, Green Gold now manufactures items for other brands, characters and companies as well. The company’s new line of generic merchandise hits over 70 unique items ranging from toys, dolls, teddy bears, animal soft toys, fruit/animal-shaped school bags, cushions to mini couches for toddlers in a wide variety of designs, prints and colour combinations. The new line of merchandise is being retailed through leading hyper market chain, Hypercity, and through online shopping websites like Amazon and First Cry.
Further the range comprising long-legged plush toys of Chhota Bheem and Chutki, Super Bheem – bows, guns, soft ball launchers, Chhota Bheem, Super Bheem, Mighty Raju school bags and cushions for toddlers are priced between Rs 249 and Rs 1699. These are available through Green Gold Stores and other retail chains and toy shops across India.
Green Gold Animation, COO and executive director, Samir Jain said, “We introduced Benny & Bunny into the Green Gold family and that gives us the assurance of world-class quality and best technology. We target to scale up our production capabilities and operations, which will give us confidence to not only focus on our characters merchandise but also reach out to other significant players. This is a vast and dynamic market so we will keep innovating and expanding. We have a simple fun-filled agenda to make the kids experience the brand more closely.”