- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Channel V to air finale of Microsoft VFest 2015 on 21 March
MUMBAI: Youth entertainment destination Channel V will air the finale of the recently held youth festival called Microsoft VFest 2015 on 21 March at 6.30 pm.
The pan-India college festival was undertaken to create a national-level platform for students from all fields and turfs. The fifth edition of VFest recorded a footfall of over 40,000+ youngsters and 1,500 finalists were flown down to Goa for the grand finale.
According to Channel V, Microsoft VFest 2015 brought together young talent from across the country, providing them with the single biggest platform to ‘Beat the Best’. After various zonal rounds held in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, and Kolkata, the fest culminated in a two-day grand finale at Baga Grounds, Goa, on 13 and 14 February 2015. Winners of VFest were given internships, scholarships, and other prizes in cash and kind.
The festival featured over 30 categories ranging from sports, art, literature, music, dance, theatre, fashion, and more. Apart from the finale, the event was packed with workshops, seminars, student activities, and engagements.
The 2015 edition of VFest also saw performances by Bollywood actors like Varun Dhawan and Ayushmann Khurrana, singer Mika Singh, alternative rock/rap rock Underground Authority, and playback singer Shilpa Rao.