- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Channel V to air finale of Microsoft VFest 2015 on 21 March
MUMBAI: Youth entertainment destination Channel V will air the finale of the recently held youth festival called Microsoft VFest 2015 on 21 March at 6.30 pm.
The pan-India college festival was undertaken to create a national-level platform for students from all fields and turfs. The fifth edition of VFest recorded a footfall of over 40,000+ youngsters and 1,500 finalists were flown down to Goa for the grand finale.
According to Channel V, Microsoft VFest 2015 brought together young talent from across the country, providing them with the single biggest platform to ‘Beat the Best’. After various zonal rounds held in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, and Kolkata, the fest culminated in a two-day grand finale at Baga Grounds, Goa, on 13 and 14 February 2015. Winners of VFest were given internships, scholarships, and other prizes in cash and kind.
The festival featured over 30 categories ranging from sports, art, literature, music, dance, theatre, fashion, and more. Apart from the finale, the event was packed with workshops, seminars, student activities, and engagements.
The 2015 edition of VFest also saw performances by Bollywood actors like Varun Dhawan and Ayushmann Khurrana, singer Mika Singh, alternative rock/rap rock Underground Authority, and playback singer Shilpa Rao.