- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Channel 5 renews ‘Big Brother’ for three years
MUMBAI: UK broadcaster Channel 5 has extended its UK rights deal for the reality show ‘Big Brother’ with Endemol Shine UK for a further three years, allowing it to continue airing its reality flagship until at least the end of 2018.
Under the terms of the extended deal, Channel 5 will continue to broadcast two seasons of ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ and one season of ‘Big Brother’ each year, as well as associated programming, all produced by Endemol Shine UK label, Initial.
Following the acquisition of Channel 5 by Viacom International Media Networks, repeats of ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ also appeared on MTV UK.
Channel 5 COO Paul Dunthorne said, “ ‘Big Brother’ in all its guises brings a huge and varied cross section of viewers to Channel 5 and typifies the appointment-to-view programming we want on the channel. It remains one of TV’s most talked about and popular programmes and I’m genuinely delighted we’ve secured it for at least three more years.”
Initial MD Nick Samwell-Smith said, “Channel 5 is a fantastic home for Big Brother. Over the past four years we’ve worked closely together to keep this extraordinary format feeling fresh, noisy, and creatively vibrant. I’m thrilled that this landmark deal means we can look forward to three more years of big characters and juicy storylines from inside our favourite house.”