- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Bottom 3 English news channels see growth in Wk 25
MUMBAI: The bottom 3 English news channels in the top 5 showed viewership growth in Week 25, while the top two channels lost viewership.
CNN-News18 moved to the third position with a 48% jump in impressions in Week 25 compared to the previous week, BARC India data showed.
India Today TV’s weekly grew 14.82 per cent, despite the channel falling to the fourth place. NDTV 24×7, which had been replaced by BBC World in the previous week, returned to the top 5.
Republic TV retained its English news channel leadership for the seventh consecutive week, albeit with a 9.86 per cent drop in impressions compared to the previous week.
Times Now, which had closed the gap with bête noire Republic TV in Week 24, witnessed a 28.34 per cent drop in impressions.
Top Hindi news channels in U+R HSM
The Hindi news genre witnessed only one change in the pecking order in urban + rural HSM, with News18 India replacing News Nation at No. 4.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, ABP News and India TV swapped positions while other positions remained unchanged.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
India News and News Nation interchanged positions in rural HSM even as the top 3 remained unchanged.
Top English business news channels
In the English business news genre, CNBC TV18 saw a big jump in weekly impressions while those of ET Now and BTVi saw a drop.
Top Hindi business news channels
The weekly impressions of CNBC Awaaz and Zee Business saw an increase.