- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Bottom 3 English news channels see growth in Wk 25
MUMBAI: The bottom 3 English news channels in the top 5 showed viewership growth in Week 25, while the top two channels lost viewership.
CNN-News18 moved to the third position with a 48% jump in impressions in Week 25 compared to the previous week, BARC India data showed.
India Today TV’s weekly grew 14.82 per cent, despite the channel falling to the fourth place. NDTV 24×7, which had been replaced by BBC World in the previous week, returned to the top 5.
Republic TV retained its English news channel leadership for the seventh consecutive week, albeit with a 9.86 per cent drop in impressions compared to the previous week.
Times Now, which had closed the gap with bête noire Republic TV in Week 24, witnessed a 28.34 per cent drop in impressions.
Top Hindi news channels in U+R HSM
The Hindi news genre witnessed only one change in the pecking order in urban + rural HSM, with News18 India replacing News Nation at No. 4.
Top Hindi news channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, ABP News and India TV swapped positions while other positions remained unchanged.
Top Hindi news channels in Rural HSM
India News and News Nation interchanged positions in rural HSM even as the top 3 remained unchanged.
Top English business news channels
In the English business news genre, CNBC TV18 saw a big jump in weekly impressions while those of ET Now and BTVi saw a drop.
Top Hindi business news channels
The weekly impressions of CNBC Awaaz and Zee Business saw an increase.