- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Big Magic to launch historical drama ‘Akbar’ on 20 Feb
MUMBAI: Reliance Broadcast Network’s family entertainment channel Big Magic is launching a historical drama ‘Akbar’ on 20 February.
The show will air Monday to Friday, at 7 pm.
‘Akbar’ aims to unravel the journey of the Mughal emperor right from the days of his childhood, and traces his path to the throne in a manner that has never been projected before on Indian television. The series feature Ankur Nayyar, Rishina Kandhari, Hetal Yadav and Kareem Hanjee in the lead role.
Interestingly, the channel also runs a historical comedy revolving around emperor Akbar titled ‘Har Mushil Ka Hal Akbar Birbal’. The comedy show has helped the channel redefine their positioning of providing edgy and contemporary content.
A Big Magic spokesperson said, “We are extremely happy to announce our new offering ‘Akbar’, which is relatable, inspiring and laced with unknown facts from Mughal history. People have always known Akbar as a powerful emperor, but this show unveils the struggle he went through as a child, before going on to acquire the throne. The show is unique because it offers a side of the emperor that has never been portrayed before to popular masses. Catering to all age groups, the show promises to be a family entertainer, and we hope to continue catering to the aims and aspirations of a large and steadily growing audience base.”
The show will be driven by a 360-degree marketing approach, to reach out to the target markets through its various multi media campaigns on TV, radio, on-ground and digital. Big Magic is available across all DTH players such as Tata Sky, Airtel, Videocon, Dish TV, Reliance Digital TV, along with all cable operators including Hathway, DD Free Dish, Incable, Digicable, DEN, 7 Star, ABS, Siticable, Star Broadband and GTPL.