- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Big Magic to initiate Republic Day special with Ayushmann Khurrana
MUMBAI: Reliance Broadcast Network’s flagship Hindi general entertainment channel Big Magic has associated with the upcoming movie ‘Hawaizaada’ starring Ayushmann Khurrana.
The TV presenter-turned-actor will be the anchor link of a Republic Day special on the channel on 26 January, from 7 to 10 pm. He will be imparting the message of believing in oneself to the viewers.
The move is to celebrate the general spirit of ‘Make in India’ to increase engagement on the channel.
Reliance Broadcast Network COO Lavneesh Gupta said, “To salute Republic Day, a momentous occasion for Indians, the Big Magic family will come together to entertain our audience with fun-filled episodes. We’re glad to be sharing this special day with Ayushmann Khurrana, lead actor of ‘Hawaizaada’, where the film salutes Indianness and will together impart an inspiring message to our viewers.”
Big Magic will celebrate Republic Day with special episodes of its shows and Khurrana will be the anchor link of them. He will also share anecdotes about his upcoming movie.
Khurrana’s character in ‘Hawaizaada’ is based on a 19th-century scientist and inventor who putatively flew the first aircraft. He is believed to have invented the aeroplane before the Wright Brothers.
The movie is slated for release on 30 January.
Khurrana said, “This Republic Day, I am happy to celebrate the essence of my upcoming movie ‘Hawaizaada’ which salutes the spirit of being Indian. I am happy to deliver this message to Big Magic viewers through its chatpata comedy content.”
The Republic Day special will be marketed across television, radio and digital.