- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Big Magic revamps flagship show ‘Akbar Birbal’
MUMBAI: After giving itself a new look, Big Magic has now revamped its flagship show ‘Har Mushil Ka Hal Akbar Birbal’ with a new young cast.
In order to reach a younger audience of 15+ males, the historical comedy has been redefined in line with the new channel positioning of providing edgy and contemporary content.
Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd network creative director Paritosh Painter said, “In our endeavour to provide fresh new content to our viewers, we have decided to revamp ‘Akbar Birbal’, one of our highest-rated shows on Big Magic. The new story line will be relatable, fresh, surprising, and unpredictable with a high degree of humour. Respected and hugely popular stars like Kiku Sharda, Delnaaz Irani, Vishal Kotian, among others, have made this show iconic and the No. 1 show on the channel. By introducing a new, younger star cast, our focus will continue to build iconic characters which stand out, are quirky and funny.”
The show will be seen in a new avatar with relatable content and a new star cast. Triangle Films will continue as producers and the show will be shot on the revamped set.
In the last one year, ‘Akbar Birbal’ has grown and is now seen as Big Magic’s most popular show. It features some of the best comedians from the industry such as Kiku Sharda, Delnaaz Irani, and Vishal Kotian.
The revamped show will focus on issues that are powerful, topical, and relevant. It will feature a younger Akbar, who wants to make his own decisions (even if they may be wrong), live life and rule on his own terms. Only one person encourages and allows him to do so—his biggest ally, his biggest critic, his friend and, above all, his guide Birbal.