- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Big Magic enters devotional segment with ‘Bhakti Sagar’
MUMBAI: Big Magic is tapping into the devotional genre with its new offering ‘Bhakti Sagar’.
The one-hour show will start from 10 April. It will air every Monday to Thursday at 8 am.
The show is weaved around stories and facts underpinned by devotional music. It hopes to enlighten the viewers on the significance of Indian rituals and festive occasions tracing back to their traditional form. The devotional show will also decode Indian culture and share the importance of religious activities, thereby enriching the spiritual quotient of the viewers.
‘Bhakti Sagar’ will showcase enriching mythological stories backed by devotional songs. Padma Shri recipient Indian folk singer Malini Awasthi and popular television anchor and actor Sachin Shroff will commence the show by sharing auspicious updates of the day from the Panchang (Ekadashi, Chaturthi, Chaitra Navratri). This will be followed by mythological stories, facts and beliefs about the special occasion.
The unmitigated spiritual content blended with devotional songs will cover the essence of the auspicious occasions and form the key element of the show. It will also feature aartis from shrines like Shaktipeeths and Jyotirlings to further engage its audience in the religious spirit.