- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Big Magic Bihar and Jharkhand unveils reality show ‘Big Bahuria’
MUMBAI: Regional general entertainment channel Big Magic Bihar and Jharkhand will soon launch a family reality show ‘Big Bahuria’, exploring various relationships within a household.
Premiering on 16 June, the show will air at 7:30 pm from Monday to Friday. It will visit homes in Bihar and Jharkhand, and explore the relationship of a ‘bahu’ with her ‘sasuraal’.
Hosted by stand-up comedian Priyesh Sinha, the show aims to bring forth the hopes, aspirations and the reality of married women from the region. Sinha will visit these cities and interview the bahurias and their families in question.
Reliance Broadcast television business COO Lavneesh Gupta said, “Through this show we are bringing the issues of a married woman’s life out in the open so that we can address them in a positive way along with her own family and build a positive future. We are confident that this show will resonate very well with our audiences while being a great value proposition for advertisers in the region.”
The bahuria is interviewed on her life after her wedding, her relationship with her husband’s family and the family’s view of her. This segment seeks to highlight and resolve relationship conflicts.
Moving beyond the rosy or the hostile relationships between the saas and the bahu, the show aims to expose the real brickbats and bouquets that every relationship around a woman brings to her life.
While focusing on the positives of the family, it will also throw light on the bahu’s dreams and ambitions as an individual, her expectations from her husband and family, her conflicts between being ideal and real.
The show will also present games and other spot contests through which the family and neighbours display their knowledge, their rapport and their love for her.
The show will be promoted through promos on the channel, radio, on-ground and digital media.