- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Big Magic Bihar and Jharkhand now on Dish TV
MUMBAI: Reliance Broadcast Network’s regional entertainment channel Big Magic Bihar and Jharkhand has inked a distribution deal with Dish TV. As part of its distribution-boosting strategy, the deal will see the channel being made available to viewers on the base pack.
Viewers can catch the channel on number 814 on the DTH platform, which now adds eight million subscribers to the channel’s reach, thereby making the content mix available to a larger diaspora across India.
The deal marks the beginning of an expansion plan as the channel is close to signing similar deals with other DTH players, in addition to its local distribution network.
“We are a leading player in the regional market and have delivered excellent performance. We see a huge opportunity in catering to a larger diaspora and our endeavour is to reach our content mix to the discerning audiences spread across the length and breadth of India. Dish TV is a perfect partner to begin the exercise with, from here on we will increase footprint through strengthened distribution across platforms,” the company said.
With a content mix encompassing shows ranging from fiction, crime, reality, music, devotion, movies and mythology, the channel aims to get a loyal audience base through the new distribution move. Viewers can now watch shows coated with the regional flavour like ‘Police Files’, ‘Hindustan Ka Big Star’, Bhojpuri films, ‘Big Memsaab’ and the upcoming reality shows ‘Big Folk Star’ and ‘Big Bahuria’.
Big Magic Bihar and Jharkhand is currently available on Hathway, Incable, Manthan, Digicable, GTPL, Siti Cable, Maurya, DEN and other independent operators.