- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Big Magic, Big Ganga now available on ZEEL’s Ozee
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) has added Reliance Broadcast Network’s general entertainment channels (GEC) Big Magic and Big Ganga on its VoD platform Ozee.
Subscribers to the OTT platform will now have access to the shows featured on Big Magic such as ‘Akbar Birbal’, ‘Phir Yeh Nadaniyaan Akbar’, ‘Baal Krishna’ and ‘Big Memsaab’. They can also enjoy shows from regional Bhojpuri channel Big Ganga such as ‘Biraha Muquabla’, ‘Prabhu Sang Preet Lagaye’, ‘Buddha’ and ‘Litti Chokha’.
The development comes as part of ZEEL’s acquisition of RBNL’s TV business last year. The company expects the acquisition of RBNL’s TV broadcasting business to be complete by the second quarter of FY18. Upon conclusion of the transaction, RBNL’s two channels—Big Magic and Big Ganga—will form part of ZEEL’s portfolio along with four television broadcasting licences.
Recently, ZEEL also revealed plans to revamp its OTT business, comprising dittoTV (subscription-based model) and Ozee (ad-focused model), by the second half of FY18. A strategy is being worked out to push this business segment.