- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Big Magic appoints Partha Dey as non-fiction head
MUMBAI: Reliance Broadcast Network Limited has appointed Partha Dey as the non-fiction head of its Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) Big Magic. Additionally, Dey will also be heading the programming mandate for the network’s regional channel Big Magic Bihar and Jharkhand.
In his new role, Dey will spearhead the programming mandate for the channel and will be responsible for building consumer insights to create content while driving channel performance. He will also be responsible for designing the non-fiction content for Big Magic, and will report to RBNL’s television business COO Lavneesh Gupta.
Commenting on the appointment, Gupta said, “Partha’s vast experience and in-depth market understanding makes him an asset to the organization. We are happy to have him on board and are confident of him leading Big Magic Bihar and Jharkhand through its next growth phase.”
Prior to this role, Dey had a six-year stint at Mahuaa TV where he was vice president network, creatives and operation. He was instrumental in planning, designing and launching the three channels of the brand portfolio – Pragya, Mahuaa and Mahuaa Bangla.
Dey added, “Big Magic is among India’s most vibrantly growing brands, which has displaced long standing players in a very short period of time especially in the regional markets. The brand has an exceptional potential for growth and I look forward to working with the very talented team, to make this vision a reality.”
A documentary filmmaker by profession, Dey has over 17 years of experience in broadcasting media as a producer, director and creative director. He has produced and directed documentaries, features and programming software for various agencies like the Indian Air force, ARC RAW, OHM- Holland and Doordarshan.