- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Big Magic and Big FM launch 4th integrated show ‘Nautanki News’
MUMBAI: Reliance Broadcast Network’s comedy channel Big Magic is launching a new show titled ‘Nautanki News’. In line with the network’s integrated strategy, this marks the fourth successive launch for both Big Magic and Big FM.
‘Nautanki News’ is a bi-weekly satirical take on the business of news, and the way news is being presented today.
Premiering on 4 November at 9:30 pm, the show will air on Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 pm on Big Magic and from Monday to Thursday at 10 pm on Big FM.
Big Magic creative director Bimal Unnikrishnan said, “’Nautanki News’ will take the entertainment quotient on Big Magic a notch higher. It will be the perfect example of combining topicality and humour. ‘Nautanki News’ will throw light on the news making business as a whole in a fun and witty manner that has never been showcased before on television.”
The non-fiction show has brought on board theatre actor Darshan Jariwala as host. The show being presented in a fictitious news channel set-up, Jariwala will play the aggressive managing editor, switching roles every now and then from a newsreader to a live news reporter to a chat show host to a newsroom editor.
Through mock panel discussions, live reporting and chat shows, the show will throw light on how tactics such as yellow journalism, paid news and sensationalism are driving the agendas of TRP-hungry news channels today.