- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Big Magic and Big FM launch 4th integrated show ‘Nautanki News’
MUMBAI: Reliance Broadcast Network’s comedy channel Big Magic is launching a new show titled ‘Nautanki News’. In line with the network’s integrated strategy, this marks the fourth successive launch for both Big Magic and Big FM.
‘Nautanki News’ is a bi-weekly satirical take on the business of news, and the way news is being presented today.
Premiering on 4 November at 9:30 pm, the show will air on Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 pm on Big Magic and from Monday to Thursday at 10 pm on Big FM.
Big Magic creative director Bimal Unnikrishnan said, “’Nautanki News’ will take the entertainment quotient on Big Magic a notch higher. It will be the perfect example of combining topicality and humour. ‘Nautanki News’ will throw light on the news making business as a whole in a fun and witty manner that has never been showcased before on television.”
The non-fiction show has brought on board theatre actor Darshan Jariwala as host. The show being presented in a fictitious news channel set-up, Jariwala will play the aggressive managing editor, switching roles every now and then from a newsreader to a live news reporter to a chat show host to a newsroom editor.
Through mock panel discussions, live reporting and chat shows, the show will throw light on how tactics such as yellow journalism, paid news and sensationalism are driving the agendas of TRP-hungry news channels today.