- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
BBC Worldwide takes 25% stake in Curve Media
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide has acquired a 25 per cent shareholding in Curve Media following conversion of its start-up funding to equity. This is in addition to the BBC commercial arm’s five-year distribution agreement last year with the burgeoning factual / factual entertainment independent production company.
Curve Media was formed in September 2014 by Rob Carey and Camilla Lewis, formerly of Cineflix, who have produced and co-produced programmes such as ‘Claimed and Shamed’, ‘Salvage Hunters’, ‘Trauma Doctors: Every Second Counts’ and ‘Pet School’.
Lewis and Carey struck a management buy-out deal with Cineflix to start the indie which is focusing on developing content for channels in the UK and North America.
BBC Worldwide will continue to have a first-look option to acquire global distribution rights (including format rights) in all media for all programmes developed by Curve until 2019.
BBC Worldwide genre director for factual Mark Reynolds said, “Apart from being a pleasure to work with, Camilla and Rob are two of the most sought-after and innovative producers with a strong track-record in formats and character-led access documentaries. This deeper relationship with Curve supports BBC Worldwide’s commitment to deliver a strong pipeline of high quality British factual entertainment content.”
Curve Media joint CEO Rob Carey commented, “Camilla and I are thrilled to have completed this deal. BBC Worldwide are the perfect partners for Curve Media with their peerless history of nurturing and supporting creative talent. We look forward to a fruitful relationship with them in the future.”
As part of the equity arrangement, BBC Worldwide will also have representation on Curve Media’s board.