- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
BBC Worldwide India ropes in Akhauri Sinha as COO content and production
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide India, the commercial arm of UK pubcaster the BBC, has appointed Akhauri Sinha as COO of content and production.
In his new role, Sinha will oversee BBC Worldwide’s production business in India, heading the production of BBC Worldwide formats and local originally developed concepts in fiction and non-fiction genres, for the Indian market.
He will also be responsible for formulating and implementing local development strategies to maximise commissioning opportunities within the territory. Sinha will be based in Mumbai and will report to BBC Worldwide SVP, general manager India and content head for Asia Myleeta Aga.
Aga said, “I am very pleased to have Akhauri join the BBC Worldwide family. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the media industry and has managed major production and other media businesses. With him working closely with our team on the ground, I am confident that BBC Worldwide in India will continue to produce quality formats and local productions that will appeal to our growing audience.”
Prior to this role, Sinha headed the India studio for visual effects firm Moving Picture Company (MPC) in Bangalore. He has also worked with various brands like Nimbus and UTV, managing the film entertainment division and business development, respectively.