- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
BBC Worldwide India ropes in Akhauri Sinha as COO content and production
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide India, the commercial arm of UK pubcaster the BBC, has appointed Akhauri Sinha as COO of content and production.
In his new role, Sinha will oversee BBC Worldwide’s production business in India, heading the production of BBC Worldwide formats and local originally developed concepts in fiction and non-fiction genres, for the Indian market.
He will also be responsible for formulating and implementing local development strategies to maximise commissioning opportunities within the territory. Sinha will be based in Mumbai and will report to BBC Worldwide SVP, general manager India and content head for Asia Myleeta Aga.
Aga said, “I am very pleased to have Akhauri join the BBC Worldwide family. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the media industry and has managed major production and other media businesses. With him working closely with our team on the ground, I am confident that BBC Worldwide in India will continue to produce quality formats and local productions that will appeal to our growing audience.”
Prior to this role, Sinha headed the India studio for visual effects firm Moving Picture Company (MPC) in Bangalore. He has also worked with various brands like Nimbus and UTV, managing the film entertainment division and business development, respectively.