- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
BBC Worldwide India elevates two personnel
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide India has made two personnel changes in its production business.
In addition to her creative head position, Soniya Kulkarni has been tasked with the job of business development. In her newly minted role of creative and business head, productions, India, she will lead the charge in winning new business while continuing to oversee the productions and creative teams.
Deepali Handa has been promoted to commercial head, productions, India. She continues to oversee BBC Worldwide India’s non-fiction production and production accounts as well as operational performance.
Soniya and Deepali will carry on reporting to Myleeta Aga, SVP and GM, South & South East Asia.
“BBC Worldwide already enjoys a reputation as a leading producer in India, making high quality and popular fiction and non-scripted content,” said Aga. “I am confident that their efforts, vision and creative force will enhance BBC Worldwide’s strategic growth and business here.”
In India, BBC Worldwide recently won awards for its production of ‘Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa’ (BBC Worldwide format of Dancing with the Stars), ‘Aaj Ki Raat Hai Zindagi’ (BBC Worldwide format of Tonight’s the Night) and Star Parivaar Awards. It also recently produced ‘India Banega Manch’, ‘2MAD’, ‘MTV’s Girls on Top’, ‘Taste Match’ and ‘Spell Bee’.