- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
BBC Worldwide expands commissioning team
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide today announced Kirsty Hanson’s appointment as commissioning executive for BBC Earth.
Reporting into VP Commissioning Julie Swanston, Hanson will work closely with BBC Worldwide’s international channels network to develop and commission original factual content and secure ambitious UK and US co-productions for BBC Worldwide’s new genre brand.
Hanson joins BBC Worldwide from Twenty Twenty where she executive produced ‘The Restaurant Man’ for BBC Two and ‘The Hoarder Next Door’ for Channel 4.
In her new role, she will drive BBC Worldwide’s ambition to bring even more premium content to global audiences with a goal to commission a minimum of 40 hours for BBC Earth. As commissioning executive, Hanson is tasked with both securing the international rights to new commissions and seeking UK and US co-production partners for BBC Worldwide’s slate of original commissions.
Swanston said, “Kirsty is a welcome addition to our team with twenty years of programme making experience, which has seen her develop a number of successful prime-time factual formats. Her new role will see her play an integral part in growing our original commissioning slate for the BBC Earth brand.”
BBC Earth celebrates the belief that real life is better than fiction, with premium factual content spanning everything from natural history and the human world to outer space and science. Hanson will commission and find co-productions specifically for the channel’s Earth Unplugged slot, with her focus being on adrenalin-fuelled, fast paced and visceral adventure series’ that have British talent at their centre. She is on the lookout for content that takes audiences on an immersive journey, where expertise is of equal importance as entertainment.
Hanson joins the team at a time as BBC Worldwide’s new genre brands, BBC Earth, BBC Brit and BBC First are rolled out globally. Poland was the first territory to launch BBC Brit and BBC Earth as linear channels, following the launch of premium drama brand BBC First into Australia last August on pay TV platform Foxtel.