- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
BBC Global News to engage agencies with 3-city tour starting 26 Aug
MUMBAI: BBC Global News is hosting a three-city tour for media agencies featuring unique networking events in a bid to bring them closer to the BBC’s commercial international news channel and its website BBC.com.
The tour kicks off in Mumbai with the BBC Football Connect five-a-side tournament on 26 August. Now in its third year, the competition seeks to highlight the BBC’s sport offer to the city’s leading media agencies.
This invitation-only event, taking place at Cooperage Ground, Mumbai, always proves extremely popular as agencies vie for the trophy. BBC Football Connect was adjudged ‘Best Event by Media Owner – Gold’ at the 2016 Spark Awards for media excellence held in Singapore.
Media agencies looking to knock down their competition like nine pins would do well to enter the inaugural BBC World News Bowling Championship being held on 2 September at Smaash, Gurgaon. This evening event sees teams of five battling it out across the lanes as they achieve those all-important strikes while giving contenders the chance to network in a relaxed and stress-free environment.
A key objective of running such events is to provide a space for relationship building and the BBC Think Tanked Media Agency Pub Quiz provides just that opportunity. The event is scheduled on for 16 September in Bangalore (venue to be confirmed) and aims to bring agencies and clients together to benefit from what they hope will be a wealth of knowledge.
BBC Global News director of sales, marketing and distribution Chris Davies said, “We know agencies and clients alike enjoy a bit of healthy competition and what better way than to challenge their mental and sporting prowess. Hosting high-level, engaging events like these provides the perfect environment for people to build relationships and explore opportunities, while reminding them why they love working with us at BBC.”