- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
BARC: Zee Telugu is top Telugu GEC, Sun TV leads the pack in Tamil
MUMBAI: Zee Telugu is the top channel in Andhra Pradesh while Sun TV continues its dominance in Tamil Nadu, BARC data for the week ended 24 April shows.
In the Tamil, Bengali and Marathi regional-language general entertainment channel (GEC) space, BARC data shows no change in the top pecking order from the earlier rating system under TAM. Gemini, a Sun TV Network channel, does not figure in the top three Telugu GEC space.
Star Jalsha leads in the Bengali market while Zee Marathi is a clear winner in the Marathi GEC space.
A look at the top three regional-language GECs:
Sun TV enjoys clear monopoly with as much as four times the viewership of its nearest competitor Star Vijay. Zee Tamizh is less than half of Star Vijay.
Zee Telugu is the genre leader while Maa TV is in close chase. ETV Telugu is the third top-rated Telugu GEC. Incidentally, Star India has agreed to acquire Maa TV and is awaiting regulatory approval.
Star Jalsha is a clear winner, followed by Zee Bangla. Colors Bangla is a distant third.
Zee Marathi is more than double its nearest competitor Star Pravah. Colors Marathi is at No. 3.