- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
BARC: Zee Telugu is top Telugu GEC, Sun TV leads the pack in Tamil
MUMBAI: Zee Telugu is the top channel in Andhra Pradesh while Sun TV continues its dominance in Tamil Nadu, BARC data for the week ended 24 April shows.
In the Tamil, Bengali and Marathi regional-language general entertainment channel (GEC) space, BARC data shows no change in the top pecking order from the earlier rating system under TAM. Gemini, a Sun TV Network channel, does not figure in the top three Telugu GEC space.
Star Jalsha leads in the Bengali market while Zee Marathi is a clear winner in the Marathi GEC space.
A look at the top three regional-language GECs:
Sun TV enjoys clear monopoly with as much as four times the viewership of its nearest competitor Star Vijay. Zee Tamizh is less than half of Star Vijay.
Zee Telugu is the genre leader while Maa TV is in close chase. ETV Telugu is the third top-rated Telugu GEC. Incidentally, Star India has agreed to acquire Maa TV and is awaiting regulatory approval.
Star Jalsha is a clear winner, followed by Zee Bangla. Colors Bangla is a distant third.
Zee Marathi is more than double its nearest competitor Star Pravah. Colors Marathi is at No. 3.