- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
BARC TV data for Tamil Nadu gets delayed due to rains, Sun TV suffers
MUMBAI: The television viewership data from BARC India for the week ended 4 December had one big surprise. Sun TV, which has been the most-watched channel across India for the past few weeks, did not figure in the top 10.
This, however, does not mean there has been an error on BARC’s part. Sun TV was missing from the list because BARC did not release the week’s viewership data for Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
The rating agency has clarified that the viewership data for Week 48 excludes TN/Puducherry due to ‘disruptions caused by rain and flooding’ and that it would release TN data once the same is available.
“Incessant rains in Tamil Nadu have impacted collection of TV viewership data from the state. BARC India shall release Tamil Nadu viewership data for Week 48 once the same is available,” BARC India posted on Tweeter.