- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
BARC TV data for Tamil Nadu gets delayed due to rains, Sun TV suffers
MUMBAI: The television viewership data from BARC India for the week ended 4 December had one big surprise. Sun TV, which has been the most-watched channel across India for the past few weeks, did not figure in the top 10.
This, however, does not mean there has been an error on BARC’s part. Sun TV was missing from the list because BARC did not release the week’s viewership data for Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
The rating agency has clarified that the viewership data for Week 48 excludes TN/Puducherry due to ‘disruptions caused by rain and flooding’ and that it would release TN data once the same is available.
“Incessant rains in Tamil Nadu have impacted collection of TV viewership data from the state. BARC India shall release Tamil Nadu viewership data for Week 48 once the same is available,” BARC India posted on Tweeter.