- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
BARC to release individual ratings data from 4 June
MUMBAI: One month after rolling out its first television viewership data, Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) India will launch ratings data at the individual level starting next week.
As of now, BARC covers 12,000 households from cities and towns with population more than 100,000, including states like Jammu & Kashmir, the North East, and Goa, which were never measured before.
The board of the joint industry body has decided to release individual ratings data starting with Week 21 (23–29 May).
Commenting on this, BARC India CEO Partho Dasgupta said, “Response from broadcasters and advertising agencies has been very good. While all broadcasters were using the household data to their benefit, now with Individual data releasing, media planners, buyers and advertisers can make the most of it too. This is the next launch in our series of phased launches for the world’s largest and most modern audience measurement system.”