- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
BARC taps former Reliance Jio prez as technical advisor
MUMBAI: In order to align and streamline technology processes, Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) India has roped in former Reliance Jio president Sumit Chowdhury as its technical advisor.
The position is of key importance as BARC India spends almost 76 per cent of its budget on technology. As BARC moves closer to launch, Chowdhury’s mandate will be to measure and automate all critical processes and to create a mission-critical infrastructure in line with industry requirements.
He will also contribute to the creation of other information products from data collected by BARC India.
BARC India CEO Partho Dasgupta said, “As we are gearing up for launch, Sumit’s excellent background and experience in telecom, media entertainment, and other industries will ensure all systems scale and are in sync and automated for the big data factory that we would be running.”
Chowdhury added, “It is great to be a part of a start-up which is slated to be the biggest television audience measurement system across the world and I look forward to a whole new world of excitement as I join team BARC India in solving the puzzle.”
Chowdhury is the founder of Gaia Smart Cities, an M2M/IOT company focused on telecom and ICT solutions for smart cities. He has also worked with IBM, Reliance Communications, and KPMG. He holds a graduate degree from IIT Kanpur, and an MS and a PhD from Carnegie Mellon University.