- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
BARC ratings: Key viewership trends for Week 38
MUMBAI: The viewership of English and Hindi news channels increased 49% and 30%, respectively, for the week ended 23 September due to the Uri attack coverage. The Uri attack had taken place on 18 September, resulting in the death of 19 Indian soldiers.
The Marathi, Tamil and Malayalam markets had witnessed double-digit increase in viewership due to world television premieres, special events and news of regional importance.
The viewership of Sony ESPN had increased four times due to the broadcast of Karnataka Premier League 2016.
The second semi-final and final of the Tamil Nadu Premier League had notched viewership of 1,339 and 1,848 impressions in thousands on Star Sports network and Star Vijay, respectively.