- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
BARC ratings: Key viewership trends for Week 38
MUMBAI: The viewership of English and Hindi news channels increased 49% and 30%, respectively, for the week ended 23 September due to the Uri attack coverage. The Uri attack had taken place on 18 September, resulting in the death of 19 Indian soldiers.
The Marathi, Tamil and Malayalam markets had witnessed double-digit increase in viewership due to world television premieres, special events and news of regional importance.
The viewership of Sony ESPN had increased four times due to the broadcast of Karnataka Premier League 2016.
The second semi-final and final of the Tamil Nadu Premier League had notched viewership of 1,339 and 1,848 impressions in thousands on Star Sports network and Star Vijay, respectively.