- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
BARC India partners Twitter to launch topline data service
MUMBAI: BARC India, the new television viewership rating body, has partnered with microblogging social network Twitter to launch #BARCTweet.
The new service will allow everyone to access the topline weekly ratings data on-the-go almost instantly on their Twitter timeline.
The new offering of #BARCTweet is in association with Frrole, Inc – a social data intelligence setup manning the backend software.
To use the service, one has to simply tweet with the hashtag #BARCTweet, followed by data request for topline television audience ratings data. A reply will be sent from @BARCIndia with the data requested.
While BARC India’s subscribers will have access to all the data on a weekly basis, the #BARCTweet service will be available free of cost to any non-subscriber.
BARC India CEO Partho Dasgupta said, “In keeping with our focus on technology, BARC India is geared for new possibilities and opportunities to connect with all who are keen on knowing more about the television audience measurement service in India and are therefore proud to present a world first with the launch of hashtag #BARCTweet with the Twitter India team.”
Twitter market director, South and Southeast Asia Rishi Jaitly added, “BARC India’s ambition to innovate and create a unique value proposition for users is something we admire. Twitter believes in the power of information and this empowers all users equally which is very exciting from a Twitter point of view.”