- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
BARC India partners Twitter to launch topline data service
MUMBAI: BARC India, the new television viewership rating body, has partnered with microblogging social network Twitter to launch #BARCTweet.
The new service will allow everyone to access the topline weekly ratings data on-the-go almost instantly on their Twitter timeline.
The new offering of #BARCTweet is in association with Frrole, Inc – a social data intelligence setup manning the backend software.
To use the service, one has to simply tweet with the hashtag #BARCTweet, followed by data request for topline television audience ratings data. A reply will be sent from @BARCIndia with the data requested.
While BARC India’s subscribers will have access to all the data on a weekly basis, the #BARCTweet service will be available free of cost to any non-subscriber.
BARC India CEO Partho Dasgupta said, “In keeping with our focus on technology, BARC India is geared for new possibilities and opportunities to connect with all who are keen on knowing more about the television audience measurement service in India and are therefore proud to present a world first with the launch of hashtag #BARCTweet with the Twitter India team.”
Twitter market director, South and Southeast Asia Rishi Jaitly added, “BARC India’s ambition to innovate and create a unique value proposition for users is something we admire. Twitter believes in the power of information and this empowers all users equally which is very exciting from a Twitter point of view.”