Live Post
Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today

BARC India gets MIB registration for operating as TV rating agency

MUMBAI: Three months after rolling out weekly television viewership data, Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) India has got the registration from the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB).

The registration has been granted for operating as a television rating agency under the policy guidelines for television rating agencies in India.

Broadcasters (Indian Broadcasting Foundation) own 60 per cent stake in BARC India, while the remaining 40 per cent is equally divided between advertising agencies (AAAI) and advertisers (ISA).

BARC earlier started reporting the household data from Week 16 covering 10,760 homes in 1 lakh+ cities. Starting June, it started reporting individual data covering 47,293 individuals. BARC has the backing and is accepted by the broadcasters, media agencies and advertisers.

Meanwhile, TAM Media Research had applied for registration as a TV rating agency. In a statement, TAM stated: “As per the last update received from MIB officials on our registration under policy guidelines dated 16 January 2014, they informed us that TAM’s registration is under process.”