- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
BARC floats RFP for playout monitoring and database systems
MUMBAI: Close on the heels of appointing French audience measurement agency Médiamétrie as technology partner, the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) has taken another step towards putting in place a solid audience measurement system in place before 1 October.
The industry body has invited request for proposal (RFP) for playout monitoring and database systems from interested vendors. This comes in the wake of RFP for Design, QC & Analytics that was released at the beginning of the month.
BARC is taking one step at a time as part of its strategy to put a future ready audience measurement system in place. The first step towards that end has been completed with the selection of Médiamétrie as technology vendor. The second stage is designing a panel management, which will be based on the establishment survey conducted by IRS.
In the first phase, BARC is looking at 20,000 panel homes which will be eventually scaled up to 50,000 in accordance with the government guidelines.