- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Balaji Telefilms launches fashion label with Best Deal TV
MUMBAI: Television’s soap queen Ekta Kapoor has ventured into the world of fashion. She has launched her own fashion label ‘EK’ through Balaji Telefilms Ltd (BTL).
Initially, the label will be available on the recently launched celebrity-driven home shopping channel Best Deal TV, BTL’s exclusive television partner to merchandise the brand. BTL is also in the process of associating with an online partner to further grow the brand.
Balaji Telefilms Ltd joint MD Ekta Kapoor said, “Television and style are consumed by viewers in different forms on a daily basis, ‘EK’ is an attempt to marry the two. We are excited with this new venture and look to make a mark in the fashion world, by making the brand easily accessible through online and television shopping networks.”
The label was unveiled at the recently held Television Glamour & Fashion Awards, an event property aired on Colors on 29 March. Brand ‘EK’ has been licensed to Balaji by Kapoor, who owns the brand for commercialisation.
Balaji Telefilms will get a percentage of sales as royalty.
A line comprising ethnic wear, mainly sarees and jewellery, will be launched first, followed by indo western trends and accessories in the near future.
Balaji Telefilms Ltd group CEO Sameer Nair stated, “This is an endeavour to leverage the existing potential opportunity within the ever-popular fashion theme. Celebrities play an influential role in modern culture and consumption patterns, serving as arbiters of taste, style and public opinion the world over. Given the popularity of Balaji’s soaps and serials, the EK fashion label is set to make a mark with Indian audiences across the globe.”