- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Balaji Telefilms launches fashion label with Best Deal TV
MUMBAI: Television’s soap queen Ekta Kapoor has ventured into the world of fashion. She has launched her own fashion label ‘EK’ through Balaji Telefilms Ltd (BTL).
Initially, the label will be available on the recently launched celebrity-driven home shopping channel Best Deal TV, BTL’s exclusive television partner to merchandise the brand. BTL is also in the process of associating with an online partner to further grow the brand.
Balaji Telefilms Ltd joint MD Ekta Kapoor said, “Television and style are consumed by viewers in different forms on a daily basis, ‘EK’ is an attempt to marry the two. We are excited with this new venture and look to make a mark in the fashion world, by making the brand easily accessible through online and television shopping networks.”
The label was unveiled at the recently held Television Glamour & Fashion Awards, an event property aired on Colors on 29 March. Brand ‘EK’ has been licensed to Balaji by Kapoor, who owns the brand for commercialisation.
Balaji Telefilms will get a percentage of sales as royalty.
A line comprising ethnic wear, mainly sarees and jewellery, will be launched first, followed by indo western trends and accessories in the near future.
Balaji Telefilms Ltd group CEO Sameer Nair stated, “This is an endeavour to leverage the existing potential opportunity within the ever-popular fashion theme. Celebrities play an influential role in modern culture and consumption patterns, serving as arbiters of taste, style and public opinion the world over. Given the popularity of Balaji’s soaps and serials, the EK fashion label is set to make a mark with Indian audiences across the globe.”