- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Balaji Motion Pictures to produce Rhea Kapoor’s ‘Veere Di Wedding’
MUMBAI: Balaji Motion Pictures (BMP), the film production arm of Balaji Telefilms, is set to produce Rhea Kapoor’s maiden film venture ‘Veere Di Wedding’.
Kind of breaking business protocol, Balaji Telefilms supremo Ekta Kapoor took to the social media to announce the news about the film. Ekta cheekily wrote on social media that she couldn’t wait for BMP business head Ruchikaa Kapoor to make the official announcement.
“Ruchika Kapoor will hate me robbing her chance for a formal announcement! But what the hell! Balaji Motion Pictures on board with its favourite and most loved venture!!!Bring it on!!! #lovemyveeres,” she said.
‘Veere Di Wedding’ will star Sonam Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor Khan along with Swara Bhaskar and Shikha Talsania. The film is being directed by Shashanka Ghosh and will be Sonam’s sister Rhea’s first production venture.
Last year, BMP faced some setbacks with ‘Great Grand Masti’ and ‘Kya Super Cool Hain Hum 3’ and the legal tussle over ‘Udta Punjab’. It looks like BMP is now ready to get down to active film business.
As of now, BMP has two films lined up for release—‘Half Girlfriend’ on 19 May and ‘Super Singh’ in June.