- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
AXN top-rated English ent channel in Week 22
MUMBAI: While the first set of individual ratings data released by BARC did not see any change in the pecking order of the English-language channels, the 22nd week of the year saw a big change in the English entertainment space, with AXN overtaking Comedy Central to reach the top position on the chart.
As per BARC India data for the week ended 5 June, Viacom18’s Comedy Central slipped to the second position. Although Zee Café saw a jump in ratings, it stayed put at the third spot on the chart.
There was no change in the pecking order of the English movie channels. Despite all the channels seeing a fall in ratings, Movies Now maintained its lead, followed by Star Movies and Sony Pix.
Among the five top-rated programmes, Movies Now again dominated the chart with three films. Third-placed Sony Pix again did not have any movie in the top five. However, the No. 1 movie of the week was HBO’s ‘Man of Steel’.
Movies Now occupied the next three spots on the chart with ‘Predators’, ‘Avatar’, and the thriller ‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’.
Star Movies HD entered the top five programmes, courtesy of its airing of the Vin Diesel-starrer action comedy ‘The Pacifier’.
The infotainment genre also saw no change in the ranking of channels. Discovery continued its lead with a big jump in its ratings.
Animal Planet saw a dip in the ratings, but managed to hold on to the second spot. History TV18 continued at the third spot despite a rise in its ratings.