- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
AXN top-rated English ent channel in Week 22
MUMBAI: While the first set of individual ratings data released by BARC did not see any change in the pecking order of the English-language channels, the 22nd week of the year saw a big change in the English entertainment space, with AXN overtaking Comedy Central to reach the top position on the chart.
As per BARC India data for the week ended 5 June, Viacom18’s Comedy Central slipped to the second position. Although Zee Café saw a jump in ratings, it stayed put at the third spot on the chart.
There was no change in the pecking order of the English movie channels. Despite all the channels seeing a fall in ratings, Movies Now maintained its lead, followed by Star Movies and Sony Pix.
Among the five top-rated programmes, Movies Now again dominated the chart with three films. Third-placed Sony Pix again did not have any movie in the top five. However, the No. 1 movie of the week was HBO’s ‘Man of Steel’.
Movies Now occupied the next three spots on the chart with ‘Predators’, ‘Avatar’, and the thriller ‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’.
Star Movies HD entered the top five programmes, courtesy of its airing of the Vin Diesel-starrer action comedy ‘The Pacifier’.
The infotainment genre also saw no change in the ranking of channels. Discovery continued its lead with a big jump in its ratings.
Animal Planet saw a dip in the ratings, but managed to hold on to the second spot. History TV18 continued at the third spot despite a rise in its ratings.