- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
AXN to premiere second season of ‘Orphan Black’ on 25 April
MUMBAI: English general entertainment channel AXN is all set to premiere the second season of its award-winning show ‘Orphan Black’ on 25 April at 9 pm.
The show in its last run boasted a small but loyal segment of audience. The sci-fi drama has also won four best actress awards for Tatiana Maslany, and three awards for best drama, best new show and most underrated show at different award ceremonies held last year.
Season 2 of the series will see Maslany appear in a new avatar, playing a clone by the name of Jennifer Fitzsimmons, a Midwestern teacher and swim coach.
Season 1 showcased Sarah, a streetwise hustler who is pulled into a compelling conspiracy after witnessing the suicide of a girl who looks just like her. It is then revealed that she has clones. Fitzsimmons contracts the same kind of sickness as Katja and Cosima. Dr Leekie’s Neolutionist Company, which is apparently treating her illness, is not very successful.