- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
AXN is No. 1 in English entertainment genre
MUMBAI: AXN toppled Star World to regain its leadership position in the English entertainment genre for the week ended 20 November. In the infotainment genre, National Geographic returned to the second spot.
In Week 46, AXN saw a surge in viewership. As a result, Star World slipped to number two on the chart.
Zee Café moved up from the fourth to the third spot, despite reporting a drop in viewership.
Comedy Central fell from the second to the fourth spot in Week 46.
Despite a fall in ratings, Colors Infinity SD managed to hold on to its fifth position on the chart.
There was no change in the pecking order, though all the English movie channels saw a drop in viewership.
The most-watched movie was ‘Avatar’ (Movies Now). This was followed by the animated action comedy ‘Kung Fu Panda’ (Zee Studio).
The third and fourth spots were occupied by ‘CJ7’ and ‘Turbo’, both airing on Movies Now.
After a week at number three, National Geographic Channel moved back to the No. 2 spot. History TV18 slipped to the third rank.
The genre saw no change in the hierarchial order.
Top 5 Programs
‘Motu Patlu Kungfu Returns’, the Diwali special movie aired on Nick, once again featured as the top rated programme in Week 46. Incidentally, it was also the top rated programme in Week 45.